Fly to Toluca, Mexico, from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Toluca’s top attractions
- Stroll the Los Portales neighborhood, home to many parks, gardens and shops.
- See the stained-glass windows of Cosmovitral Jardín Botánico, a former market that now serves as a conservatory for plants from all over the world.
- Visit Metepec, a nearby town that specializes in Tree of Life clay sculptures.
- Take a day trip to the Nevado de Toluca volcano for hikes and stunning views, or head to Ixtapan de la Sal for a dip in the thermal springs.
- Sample the local chorizo, a spicy sausage often on display in restaurants and cafes.
Best time to travel to Toluca
Visit Toluca in fall to take part in the Feria del Alfeñique (Alfeñique Fair). Locals and visitors alike come together to prepare for and celebrate Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead). The name of the fair comes from Moorish influences during the initial Spanish colonization of Mexico.