Plan ahead and get the best flights to Tampa (TPA)
Located on the Gulf of Mexico, Tampa is known for its Seminole Indian history and Spanish colonial heritage. A major port, it also has a booming tourist industry.
Tampa’s top attractions
- Experience the multiethnic and multicultural atmosphere of the Ybor City neighborhood at the Ybor City State Museum.
- Have a fun family day out at Busch Gardens, complete with roller coasters, shows, animal exhibits and gardens.
- Observe animals from around the world at Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo or at nearby Dade City’s Wild Things.
- Watch underwater creatures at The Florida Aquarium.
- Admire the diverse exhibits at the Tampa Museum of Art.
- Soak up the sunshine on one of the nearby sandy beaches, such as Treasure Island, Clearwater and Fort de Soto.
Best time to travel to Tampa
Tampa is busiest during the summer, and winter has more rain but lower prices for visitors. There’s a Saturday Market every week in Centennial Park where you can purchase locally grown items and gourmet food. The annual Gasparilla Music Festival, held in the spring, features fireworks, parades and plenty of merriment. Winter hosts the night parade of Sant'Yago Knight Parade, held during Gasparilla Pirate Festival. Experience Tampa or one of United's many other Florida destinations when you book today.
- Related routes New York/Newark - Tampa
- Related routes Chicago - Tampa
- Related routes Houston - Tampa
- Related routes Denver - Tampa
- Related routes Washington, D.C. - Tampa
- Related routes San Francisco - Tampa
- Related routes Seattle - Tampa
- Related routes Los Angeles - Tampa
- Related routes Dallas - Tampa
- Related routes San Diego - Tampa
- Related routes Cleveland - Tampa
- Related routes Boston - Tampa
- Related routes Philadelphia - Tampa
- Related routes Orange County - Tampa
- Related routes From Tampa