Plan ahead and get the best flights to Munich (MUC)
One of Germany’s largest cities, Munich is a combination of traditional Bavarian culture, modern business and politics, situated in a beautiful region just north of the Alps.
Munich’s top attractions
- Start with a tour along the four royal avenues, taking in the architecture such as the baroque Schloss Nymphenburg (Nymphenburg Palace)and Schloss Schleißheim(Schleissheim Palace).
- Wander the streets of the historic center and stop by the Frauenkirche.
- Sample Bavarian beer at the famous Hofbräuhaus am Platzl.
- See the Hall of Fame and Statue of Bavaria.
- Visit Olympiapark, built for the 1972 Summer Olympics, which now hosts many recreational activities and events.
- Take the family to Tierpark Hellabrunn, the local zoo.
- Tour the BMW Museum and BMW Welt.
- Relax or try river surfing in Englischer Garten (English Garden).
Best time to travel to Munich
Visit Munich in late summer or early fall to participate in Oktoberfest. The world’s most famous beer festival features local beer, hearty food and traditional music. For a peek into local customs including maypoles and dancing, take part in Maibaumaufstellen (Maypole Day), held on May 1. Tollwood Festival, a three-week event held twice a year, showcases ethnic crafts, performances and local cuisine.
- Related routes San Francisco - Munich
- Related routes Chicago - Munich
- Related routes Washington, D.C. - Munich
- Related routes Peoria - Munich
- Related routes Memphis - Munich
- Related routes Brownsville - Munich
- Related routes Houston - Munich
- Related routes Burbank - Munich
- Related routes Corpus Christi - Munich
- Related routes Steamboat Springs - Munich
- Related routes New York/Newark - Munich
- Related routes Los Angeles - Munich
- Related routes New York - Munich
- Related routes Boston - Munich
- Related routes Denver - Munich