Things to do in Montenegro
Discover Montenegro with flights to Podgorica and Tivat.
- Explore the ruins of Doclea, a 1st-century Roman city. Observe its layout, view the ruins of temples, thermal spas and urban villas, and see ancient tombs at the necropolis.
- Understand the past at the Museum of Podgorica. See artifacts recovered from ancient Roman tombs, including jewelry, ceramics, glassware and fibulae. Then, view medieval goods from the 16th-century, such as books and manuscripts, folk art and clothing.
- Go bird watching at Lake Skadar National Park. Watch migrating egrets and endangered Dalmatian pelicans, hike a trail, or swim or fish along the lake.
Fly to Tivat
- Visit the Bay of Kotor, the largest natural harbor in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. Wander the cobblestone streets and alleys of Kotor Old Town, relax on the beaches or join a boat cruise.
- Explore the Culture Center Tivat, a 17th-century complex that housed a nobleman’s family. Note the Gothic details in the chapel and take in an art exhibit, concert or literary event.
- Visit Gornja Lastva, a tiny village from the 14th century. Stroll along the pomegranate trees, view stone houses and learn about the inhabitants’ efforts to preserve their village with folk dances, Boka music and traditional games.