Plan ahead and get the best flights to Madrid (MAD)
The capital of Spain, Madrid is a modern city that combines royal influence with world-class art and cuisine. This destination is bursting with culture and old-world charm, which is sure to leave a lasting memory.
Madrid’s top attractions
- Take a tour of the Palacio Real de Madrid (Royal Palace).
- Explore the collections of three major art museums: the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, the Museo Nacional delPrado (Prado Museum) and El Museo de arte Thyssen-Bornemisza (Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum).
- Walk along Gran Vía, a major boulevard for upscale shopping, lined with art deco architecture.
- Learn about Spanish history at Museo Arqueológico Nacional (National Archaeological Museum of Spain) and Museo Cerralbo (Museum Cerralbo).
- Relax or rent a boat in El Retiro Park.
- See remains of ancient Egyptian at the Temple of Debod.
- Visit the Basilica of San Francisco el Grande (The Royal Basilica of St. Francis the Great).
Best time to travel to Madrid
Visit Madrid in the spring or fall for warm, pleasant weather without the crowds. Two of the city’s most important festivals, Dos de Mayo and Fiesta San Isidro, occur in late spring. Dos de Mayo celebrates Spain’s uprising to end French occupation in 1808. Fiesta San Isidro, a five-day celebration to honor Madrid’s patron saint, features bullfighting, regional dancing, traditional costumes, music and food.
- Related routes New York/Newark - Madrid
- Related routes San Francisco - Madrid
- Related routes Houston - Madrid
- Related routes Washington, D.C. - Madrid
- Related routes Chicago - Madrid
- Related routes New York - Madrid
- Related routes Los Angeles - Madrid
- Related routes Denver - Madrid
- Related routes Miami - Madrid
- Related routes Dallas - Madrid
- Related routes Orlando - Madrid
- Related routes Austin - Madrid
- Related routes Fort Lauderdale - Madrid
- Related routes Boston - Madrid
- Related routes From Madrid