Fly to Fairbanks with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Fairbanks’ top attractions
- Head to Chena Hot Springs, discovered in 1905 by gold miners.
- Learn about the people and natural history of interior Alaska at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center.
- Visit the University of Alaska Museum of the North, home to impressive exhibits about the geology and culture of the state.
- Keep your eyes wide open — you may spot the Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis, which light up the sky in blue and green hues.
- Have fun at Pioneer Park, an amusement park with a gold rush theme.
- Tour the Large Animal Research Station to observe native wildlife.
Best time to travel to Fairbanks
Visit Fairbanks in the summer to take advantage of many hours of sunlight and mild weather, perfect for exploring the area. The Midnight Sun Festival takes place on the summer solstice in mid-June, the longest day of the year. The Golden Days Festival takes place in July and celebrates the history and geography of the city. If your goal is to witness the Northern Lights, visiting during winter is your best shot.