Book early and get the lowest airfares to Darwin
Fly to Darwin, Australia, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Darwin’s top attractions
- Explore the Darwin Waterfront Precinct, an area that was heavily impacted during WWII but has been restored and is now home to cafes, restaurants and entertainment.
- Go below the city streets to discover the WWII Oil Storage Tunnels.
- Visit the former Fannie Bay Gaol, which operated as a prison in the 19th and 20th
- Hike at Casuarina Coastal Reserve.
- Admire the local plant life in George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens.
- Peer into the past at the Old Court House and historic Police Station.
- Go for a swim or picnic at Lake Alexander.
Best time to travel to Darwin
Visit Darwin between the winter months of April and October for the driest weather. July is the peak month for tourism. Winter is the most comfortable time to explore nearby national parks as well. The wintertime Darwin Festival is one of the city’s main events, celebrating local multiculturalism with concerts, dance, theater, film, comedy and food. Festivities for Australia Day are lively, and Territory Day features a large fireworks show.
Find your vacation package to Darwin with United Vacations.