Experience epic New Zealand
Whether your dream is to hike a volcano, tour vineyards on Waiheke Island, unleash your inner wizard in the real Middle-earth, or simply relax by the sea, New Zealand boasts a mesmerizing blend of landscapes to suit every taste, all within easy reach.
Plan your trip based on your appetite (or not) for adventure. Head to the North Island and relax on white sand beaches on the Coromandel Peninsula, peer into Hobbit holes in Matamata or kayak alongside dolphins in the Bay of Islands. Travel to the South Island and whale watch in Kaikoura, cruise the stunning fiords of Milford Sound, or ride in a jet boat through canyons on the Shotover River in Queenstown.
Savor your vacation as you sip world-famous sauvignon blanc among the grapevines, taste juicy Bluff oysters, or feast on a hangi, a traditional Māori meal slow-cooked over hot stones, all accompanied by great conversations with the locals. New Zealanders, also known as Kiwis, love making people feel at home—after a visit, you’re sure to leave feeling like one of the whanau, or family.
To learn more about New Zealand, visit newzealand.com.
Plan ahead and get the best flights to Auckland (AKL)
Fly to Auckland, New Zealand, from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Auckland’s top attractions
- See an extensive collection of national and international art at the Auckland Art Gallery.
- Wander through Auckland Domain, the city's oldest park that is home to Wintergardens, the Sky Tower, Auckland Zoo and the New Zealand Maritime Museum.
- Head into nature at the Waitakere Ranges Regional Park.
- Stroll along the dormant volcanic cones across the city, including One Tree Hill (Maungakiekie), Mount Eden (Maungawhau) and Mount Victoria.
- Relax on the beach or take part in activities such as kayaking or whale and dolphin watching on the ocean.
- Take a ferry to Waiheke Island to explore beaches, vineyards and olive groves.
Best time to travel to Auckland
The summer months of January, February and March are the busiest time for events in Auckland. The Tamaki Herenga Waka Festival celebrates the culture of the native Māori people. For more local and international performances, head to the Auckland Arts Festival at the end of summer. Foodies will appreciate Taste of Auckland.
Find your vacation package to Auckland with United Vacations.
- Related routes San Francisco - Auckland
- Related routes Houston - Auckland
- Related routes Los Angeles - Auckland
- Related routes New York/Newark - Auckland
- Related routes Denver - Auckland
- Related routes Chicago - Auckland
- Related routes Cleveland - Auckland
- Related routes Dallas - Auckland
- Related routes Baltimore - Auckland
- Related routes Colorado Springs - Auckland
- Related routes Buffalo - Auckland
- Related routes Washington, D.C. - Auckland
- Related routes Hartford - Auckland
- Related routes New York - Auckland
- Related routes Boston - Auckland