Plan ahead and get the best flights to Alexandria (AEX)
Fly to Alexandria, Louisiana, from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Alexandria’s top attractions
- Take the family to Alexandria Zoological Park. This 33-acre zoo hosts over 500 animals, and its Louisiana Habitat exhibit has won awards for showcasing the region’s unique flora and fauna.
- Explore the nature of Louisiana. The Kisatchie National Forest surrounds Alexandria, offering abundant hiking trails, campsites and recreation facilities.
- Experience history with a visit to the Kent Plantation House, one of the oldest standing structures in central Louisiana.
Best time to travel to Alexandria
Visit Alexandria in winter to take part in Mardi Gras, a major city holiday. The Mardi Gras Krewes Parade on the Sunday before the holiday is a family-friendly event, with parade floats, high school and college marching bands and appearances by local celebrities. Visit in spring or winter to take part in Alex River Fête or Alex Winter Fête, which celebrates the culture of Central Louisiana.
- Related routes Denver - Alexandria
- Related routes New York/Newark - Alexandria
- Related routes Los Angeles - Alexandria
- Related routes Honolulu - Alexandria
- Related routes Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
- Related routes San Francisco - Alexandria
- Related routes Houston - Alexandria
- Related routes From Alexandria