Book early and get the lowest airfares to New Orleans
Fly to New Orleans with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
New Orleans' top attractions
- Start at the French Quarter and visit Bourbon Street, Royal Street and the Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis King of France.
- Enjoy some great jazz at Preservation Hall.
- Get a glimpse inside the famous festival at Mardi Gras World.
- Stroll around City Park, home to Storyland and the Carousel Gardens Amusement Park, both perfect for kids.
- Take in the exhibitions of the New Orleans Museum of Art and Sculpture Garden and the New Orleans Botanical Garden.
- Admire the elegant homes in the Garden District.
- Take children to the Audubon Nature Institute.
Best time to travel to New Orleans
Visit in winter to experience the legendary events surrounding Mardi Gras, with festivities lasting for several weeks. The main celebrations take place on Fat Tuesday, with huge colorful parades, floats, street parties and games. Other major events include the Jazz and Heritage Festival, held in spring, Satchmo SummerFest and the Voodoo Music and Arts Experience, held in fall.
Find the best things to do in New Orleans.