Book early and get the lowest airfares to Gunnison
Return Wed 20 Mar 2019
Fly to Gunnison with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Gunnison’s top attractions
- Explore the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park — great for hiking, fishing and rafting.
- Ski, snowboard or snowshoe at the world-class Crested Butte Mountain Resort, an easy drive from Gunnison.
- Drive northeast of Gunnison for a peek at nearby ghost towns, including Ohio City and Pitkin, carrying memories of the Wild West.
- Head to Hartman Rocks for mountain biking, climbing and bouldering opportunities.
- Visit Blue Mesa Reservoir and the surrounding Curecanti National Recreation Area for camping, swimming and boating during the warmer months.
Best time to travel to Gunnison
Visit in the spring and summer if you’re interested in hiking, camping and exploring nature. The area hosts many summertime festivals, including the Annual Gunnison River Festival, Cattlemen’s Days and the Crested Butte Wildflower Festival. Travel to Gunnison in the fall for the best fly fishing. The winter months are ideal for snow-sport enthusiasts.