Book early and get the lowest airfares to Milan
Return Fri 30 Nov 2018
The fashion capital of Italy, Milan blends big business with a love of art and culture, creating a bustling city you’re sure to appreciate.
Milan’s top attractions
- Snap a photograph in front of the Duomo di Milano (Milan Cathedral), which took nearly six centuries to build.
- Explore well-preserved architectural sites, including the UNESCO-listed Santa Maria delle Grazie (Holy Mary of Grace Church) and Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore (Church of Saint Maurice al Monastero Maggiore).
- See a concert, opera or ballet performance at the renowned Teatro alla Scala.
- Visit the historic Cimitero Monumentale, one of the largest cemeteries in Milan, filled with artistic tombs and monuments.
- Tour the Casa Guazzoni.
- Relax at Parco Sempione (Simplon Park) and visit the Castello Sforzesco (Sforza Castle).
- Shop the luxury boutiques at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, Via della Spiga or Via Montenapoleone.
Best time to travel to Milan
Milan Fashion Week is a major winter draw, with festivities often lasting longer than a week. Milan is a popular destination for motorsport fans during the fall, when the F1 Italian Grand Prix takes place in nearby Monza. Visit in early spring for Oggi Aperto, a city-wide event that allows access to monumental sites that are usually closed to the public. The lively and colorful Carnevale Ambrosiano (Ambrosian Carnival) starts on the first day of Lent. Milano Film Festival, Milano Jazz Festival, Corteo dei Re Magi and Festa del Naviglio (Naviglio Festival) are other popular events.