Book early and get the lowest airfares to San Jose, CR
Return Wed 26 Sep 2018
The capital city of Costa Rica, San Jose is an economic and political center that serves as a major gateway to nearby ecological and natural landscapes, so you’ll enjoy the best of both urban and natural attractions.
San Jose’s top attractions
- Learn about local traditions and culture at a variety of museums. Top choices include Museo Nacional de Costa Rica, Museo del Oro Precolombino (Pre-Columbian Gold Museum), Museo de los Niños (Children’s Museum) and the Museo de Arte y Diseño Contemporáneo (Museum of Contemporary Art and Design), known as MADC.
- Discover historic architecture and unusual sites on a city walking tour.
- Take kids to Parque Zoológico Nacional Simón Bolívar (Simón BolivarZoo).
- Tour a nearby coffee farm.
- Take a trip to La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
- Watch a performance at the National Theatre of Costa Rica.
Best time to travel to San Jose
The dry season runs from the middle of December to April. This is the busiest time to explore the rainforests and beaches. Festivals and events take place throughout the year. Two of the biggest celebrations occur during the dry season, Dia de San Isidro Labrador and the International Festival of Arts.
Find your vacation package to San José with United Vacations.