Things to do in Costa Rica
Discover Costa Rica with flights to San Jose and Liberia.
Visit San Jose
- Attend a show at the National Theater of Costa Rica, a neoclassical building completed in 1897. Hear the National Symphonic Orchestra performing works by Costa Rican composers and take in the gilt foyer.
- Go for a picnic at La Sabana Metropolitan Park, the largest urban park in Costa Rica. The park is home to the National Stadium and the Museum of Costa Rican Art.
- Visit the Museo del Jade to learn about pre-Columbian cultures, see ancient pottery and jade, and learn about the diverse ecology.
Fly to Liberia
- Explore the Museo de Guanacaste to learn how the country abolished the national military and to view works by local artists.
- Mingle with the locals at Parque Mario Cañas Ruiz, known for its fountain and frequent live shows in the Victorian gazebo.
- Visit the Enrique Baltodano Briceño House, the 19th-century home of the local philanthropist. Learn how the home’s high ceilings and thick walls served as an early form of air conditioning.