Book early and get the lowest airfares to Venice
Return Tue 26 Feb 2019
Fly to Venice with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
- Tour Venice’s picturesque canals by gondola, one of the must-do activities in the city.
- Cross the iconic Bridge of Sighs before snapping some pictures of the beautiful white exterior.
- Visit the numerous churches and museums. Highlights include St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace.
- Take a trip to Murano and watch as skilled craftspeople blow the famous blue glass.
- Wander through the old Venetian Ghetto, a Jewish neighborhood in the city dating back over 500 years.
- Marvel at the views from Dorsoduro and enjoy the many art galleries, museums and churches.
- Feast your eyes on the stunning artwork at Gallerie dell'Accademia.
Best time for a trip to Venice
Venice’s most famous event is Carnival, lasting for two weeks before Lent and ending on Shrove Tuesday. It is known for its ornate masks, beautiful outfits and numerous theater performances. The city’s patron saint is honored in spring with the Feast of Saint Mark. The city holds the Feast of the Redentore in summer, with thousands of lantern-decorated boats in the waters, complete with traditional meals and a huge firework display. If you’re a fan of boat racing, don’t miss the Regata Storica, held on the first Sunday of September.
Find the best things to do in Venice.