Plan ahead and get the best flights to Stockholm (ARN)
Fly to Stockholm with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Key Stockholm experiences
- Discover the medieval charms of historical Gamla Stan, the old part of the city, an area that is brimming with rich character and historic architecture.
- Stand at Stortorget, at the heart of Gamla Stan, and soak up the atmosphere of the city’s oldest square.
- See the final resting place of many Swedish royals at the church of Riddarholmskyrkan.
- Visit the visually stunning Stockholm Cathedral.
- Admire the Royal Palace of Stockholm.
- Take younger children to Junibacken, a literary museum and bookstore dedicated to children’s literary culture.
- Take a boat ride around the archipelago.
- Journey through the ages at the Swedish History Museum.
- Admire the collections at Moderna Museet, Stockholm’s museum of modern art.
Best time for a trip to Stockholm
The summer months are ideal for cycling around the city’s sights and boat trips are especially pleasant in the sunshine. Midsummer is one of the country’s most joyous events, with traditional food, costumes, singing and dancing. Some of the best places to celebrate Midsummer in Stockholm are at Skansen Open-Air Museum, Mosebacketerrassen, Fjäderholmarna and Grinda. Walpurgis Eve, in spring, features choirs and bonfires while summer features May Day festivities and a steamboat parade. The St. Lucia Day celebration is a festival of lights during Stockholm’s snowy winter and is very popular among visitors and locals alike.