Book early and get the lowest airfares to Shanghai
Return Mon 29 Oct 2018
Shanghai boasts a blend of traditional cultural attractions and gleaming skyscrapers, modern malls and a vital business core, offering a unique experience that’s sure to impress.
Shanghai’s top attractions
- Compare the Shanghai of old and new with a riverside stroll along the Bund.
- Wander the elegant avenues of the French Concession.
- Experience traditional life in Nanshi, Shanghai’s Old Town.
- Shop along Nanjing Road.
- Admire city views from the observation deck of the Oriental Pearl Radio and TV Tower.
- Visit revered temples such as the Jade Buddha Temple and Longhua Temple.
- Learn local history and Chinese culture at the large Shanghai Museum.
- Take a break in a traditional tea house.
- Have a fun family outing at Shanghai Happy Valley or Shanghai Disneyland.
Best time to travel to Shanghai
Summer is the peak tourist season in Shanghai, though spring and fall are also pleasant times to visit. The wintertime Chinese New Year is a popular event with lanterns, fireworks, dragon dancing, food, music, Chinese opera and competitions. The Peach Blossom Festival and Shanghai Longhua Temple Fair are well-known events in spring. The Shanghai International Music Festival is held in summer, and during the fall is the Shanghai International Music Fireworks Festival.
Find your vacation package to Shanghai with United Vacations.