Book early and get the lowest airfares to Yap
Return Wed 31 Oct 2018
Fly to Yap with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Yap’s top attractions
- Go diving and snorkeling to observe diverse aquatic life; manta rays and reef sharks are among the interesting underwater creatures in the area.
- Learn about the traditional stone money and see traditional homes in Yap Living History Museum.
- Surf on Yap’s legendary waves – the island is famous for them.
- Discover one of the world’s first protected sites for manta rays.
- Hike along the Tamilyog Trail.
- Dine on fresh fish and seafood in one of Colonia’s restaurants.
Best time to travel to Yap
Visit Yap between June and October for the best diving, though some dive sites are accessible year-round. December to April is the mating season for manta rays and is a popular time to visit. Yap Day, in March, provides insight into the local culture. Women wear grass skirts to dance during the daytime, with men performing later in the evening. Festivities also feature traditional music, local dishes, arts, crafts and fire shows. The yearly Manta Fest is especially popular with underwater photographers.