Discover Micronesia with flights to Pohnpei and Kosrae.
- Spend an afternoon at Kepirohi Waterfall, Pohnpei’s most photographed waterfall. Pack a picnic lunch and watch the water tumble down the steep basalt.
- Catch the trade winds and go kiteboarding. Hire a catamaran and try the lagoon at And Atoll. If you’re there between October and May, head to the northern reefs to test the waves at Center Pass.
- Climb Nahnalaud, the highest mountain in Micronesia. Tackle steep slopes and creep along narrow ridges on this challenging climb, which rewards hikers with views of the cloud forest.
Fly to Kosrae
- Kayak the Mutunnenea Channel. Watch gray plovers, black terns, whiskered terns
andKosrae fruit doves flit about the mangrove trees while herons fish in the shallows.
- Discover the ruins of the ancient capital of Lelu. Marvel at the basalt megaliths, see the Insaru pyramid tombs constructed from
coral,and learn about the Lelu’s unique burial practices and their cultural ties to the surrounding reefs.
- Explore Yela Ka Forest, the world’s last Ka tree forest. As your boat journeys into the watershed, you’ll find giant taro and brown taros. Enter the forest and witness how the tree roots stretch up from the ground, creating a drum-like sound when you knock on the roots.