Discover the Marshall Islands with flights to Majuro and Kwajalein.
- Explore Marshallese culture at the Alele Museum and Public Library. See handicrafts from the 1940s in the Bogan Collection, and view Joachim de Brum's glass-plate photographs that date from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Scuba dive the
KalalinPass. Watch gray reef sharks patrolling and eagle rays soaring on ocean currents. Keep an eye out for silvertip sharks, green sea turtles andlarge jacks.
- Relax on the secluded sands of Laura Beach, located on Majuro’s western shore. After a refreshing swim, picnic under the trees. For the best snorkeling, go during high tide.
Fly to Kwajalein
- Discover local flavors at Ebeye Island’s open-air market. Start your culinary adventure with
bwiro— fermented breadfruit paste cooked in banana leaves — and coconut water, known as ni. Sample savory rice balls, mashed taro and baked fish wrapped in Pandanus leaves.
- Ride in an outrigger canoe or hire a sailboat to skim across the Kwajalein Atoll’s lagoon. Anglers will enjoy a deep-sea fishing excursion, looking for marlin, sailfish, yellowfin tuna and sharks.
- Dive the wreck of the Prinz Eugen German cruiser from World War II. See the bridge spread across the beaches and the props emerging from the water, or head to the Bikini Atoll where you can dive the USS Saratoga and HIJMS Nagato.