Book early and get the lowest airfares to Beijing
Return Tue 5 Mar 2019
Return Wed 20 Feb 2019
Beijing has retained many traditions while transforming into a modern political and business center. China’s bustling capital city offers a unique journey through the country’s past and present.
Beijing’s top attractions
- Step inside the imposing walls of the Forbidden City and see the opulent halls, courtyards and pavilions.
- Tour a hutong, a traditional housing area.
- Stand in the large Tiananmen Square, which is surrounded by important buildings including the Chairman Mao Memorial Hall.
- Discover why the National Stadium is nicknamed the Bird’s Nest.
- Admire the grand Temple of Heaven and stroll through its lush gardens.
- Spend an evening at the Peking Opera, also known as the Beijing Opera.
- Take a day trip to the Great Wall of China.
Best time to travel to Beijing
Beijing is a year-round destination, with spring and fall generally offering the most pleasant weather. Fall is a popular time for festivals, including the Fall Fragrant Hill Red Leaf Festival, highlighting the changing foliage, the Beijing 798 Art Festival and the Mid-Autumn Festival. Chinese New Year, each winter, is the largest annual celebration. See ice sculptures at the Longqing Gorge Ice and Snow Festival and the Bird’s Nest Ice and Snow Festival, both held in the winter.
Find your vacation package to Beijing with United Vacations.
Find the best things to do in Beijing.