Book early and get the lowest airfares to Quito
Fly to Quito with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Quito’s top attractions
- Stroll along the cobblestone Calle de la Ronda and view the beautifully preserved architecture.
- Visit the Middle of the World to stand with one foot in each hemisphere and see fascinating demonstrations about the equator.
- Ride the TelefériQo for panoramic views of the city.
- Admire the revered Iglesia de la Compañia de Jesus, which took more than 150 years to complete.
- Learn about the local culture and history at the Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana.
- Hike to the top of the volcanic El Panecillo, topped with a statue of the Virgin of Quito, or the more challenging Pichincha Volcano.
Best time to travel to Quito
Temperatures in Quito are cool for most of the year. Visit Quito just before Lent begins to celebrate the annual Carnival. The largest celebration in Quito is known for its energetic water fights amidst music, food and dancing. The religious tradition of Semana Santa, which starts on Palm Sunday and ends at Easter, involves locals processing with large crosses to the city center.