Fly to Monterey, California, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Monterey's top attractions
- Stroll along the Monterey Walking Path of History, which leads to historic buildings and the site where Spanish explorers first landed.
- Have a family day out at Monterey Bay Aquarium or the Dennis the Menace Playground at El Estero Park Complex.
- Enjoy a cruise from Fisherman’s Wharf and try to spot whales, seals, otters, pelicans and other sea life.
- Admire the extensive collection at the Monterey Museum of Art.
- Relax on the many area beaches.
Best time to travel to Monterey
Visit Monterey in winter or early spring for your best chance to sight migrating gray whales off the coast. Summer brings with it the Monterey Jazz Festival and the Monterey County Fair, with agricultural displays, food and drinks, entertainment and live music. From spring to fall, motor-racing enthusiasts can watch the exhilarating action at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. You can visit Monterey or nearby cities when you fly to Claifornia on United.