Book early and get the lowest airfares to Brussels
Return Tue 29 Jan 2019
The capital of Belgium, Brussels is home to many European and world organizations. This political center is complemented by top cuisine, architecture and culture — there is something for every type of traveler to love.
Brussels’ top attractions
- Stroll through De Grote Markt (La Grand Place) and visit after dark to admire the illuminated buildings.
- Marvel at the unusual Atomium, built for the 1958 Brussels World’s Fair, then tour the continent at the nearby Mini-Europe.
- Stop by the famous fountains of Manneken Pis and Jeanneke Pis.
- Visit the city’s diverse museums, including Museum of the City of Brussels, the House of Folklore and Traditions and the Spontaneous Art Museum.
- See animals from around the globe at Planckendael Zoo.
- Experience the outdoor maze at the Van Buuren Museum and Gardens.
- Tour Cantillon Brewery or sample local beers in the many local bars.
Best time to travel to Brussels
Celebrated since 1549, the Ommegang of Brussels takes place twice per summer and celebrates the history of the city. Visit during the spring to take part in the Iris Festival, which features lively street parties, entertainers and music, with the chance to step inside the European Parliament. The traditional Meyboom, held in August, features puppets, a fun parade and music. Winter is prime time for shopping in the many Christmas markets.
Find the best things to do in Brussels.