Plan ahead and get the best flights to Hong Kong (HKG)
Hong Kong combines a proud history, modern architecture, world-class shopping and incredible scenery for a destination that’s perfect for all interests. Long considered one of the world’s premier bucket list destinations, Hong Kong offers an unforgettable array of special experiences. Explore Hong Kong like a local to uncover authentic culture, culinary delights, hidden beaches, and much more.
Hong Kong’s top attractions
- Savor world class dining in Asia’s culinary capital at 63 Michelin-starred restaurants, or indulge your tastebuds at open-air dai pai dong street cafes known for their savory street food.
- Ride the iconic Star Ferry across Victoria Harbor, visit Man Mo Temple, and encounter vibrant street art masterpieces throughout the city.
- In districts like Old Town Central and Sham Shui Po, uncover authentic culture, burgeoning design and art scenes with distinct neighborhood vibes.
- In as little as 30 minutes from the city, you can experience epic hiking trails, protected geological wonders, and quaint ancestral villages.
- Take the Ngong Ping 360 cable car to see the world’s largest, seated bronze Buddha statue on Lantau Island.
Begin your adventures of the evening at one of Hong Kong’s trendy rooftop bars with spectacular views of Victoria Harbour.
Best time to travel to Hong Kong
Hong Kong is a popular destination no matter the season. August is typically the rainiest month, but the fall offers the most pleasant weather. The wintertime Chinese New Year is a huge celebration featuring dragon dances, traditional food, fireworks, street vendors, Chinese opera and colorful costumes. The Lantern Festival, held on the last day of the Chinese New Year celebration, is especially popular. Key summer events include the Chinese Opera Festival and the Hungry Ghost Festival.