Discover Honduras with flights to Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula.
- Explore Parque Naciones Unidas El Picacho. Climb the hill to the foot of the El Cristo del Picacho monument, which overlooks the city, a perfect spot to take in sunset.
- Experience the history of Honduras at the Museum for National Identity, which exhibits covering the country’s geological formation, pre-colonial history and present-day traditions.
- Visit the Centro de la Cultura Garinagu de Honduras to learn about the Garifuna people, then watch a performance by a Garifuna dance troupe and shop their handicrafts. Afterward, grab lunch at a nearby restaurant and try the pupusa, a thick tortilla stuffed with fried pork belly and refried beans.
Fly to San Pedro Sula
- Spend a day exploring the cloud forests of Parque Nacional Cusuco. Listen to flocks of parrots, see ruby-chested quetzals flitting through the forest and hike the Las Minas trail to waterfalls and swimming holes.
- Step back to the pre-Columbian era at Museo de Antropología e Historia de San Pedro Sula. Explore the Ulúa pottery collection, then take in exhibits about the Spanish conquest.
- Day trip to the majestic Pulhapanzak Waterfalls, a perfect spot for hiking, ziplining or kayaking on the still waters of Yojoa Lake.