Plan ahead and get the best flights to Taipei (TPE)
Fly to Taipei with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Taipei's top attractions
- Start at the top of TAIPEI 101, one of the tallest buildings in the world, for panoramic city views.
- Watch the flag raised at the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.
- Take an afternoon walk through the Guandu Temple, which dates back to the early 1700s, or head to Lungshan Temple of Manka in Wanhua District.
- Discover Chinese masterpieces, artifacts and history at the National Palace Museum.
- Relax near nature at the Shifen Waterfall, the largest natural waterfall in Taiwan, or marvel at the shimmering effects of old mines at the Golden Waterfall at Gold Ecological Park.
Best time to travel to Taipei
Taipei's sub-tropical climate means the weather stays warm year-round. The summer months are hot and humid, so for more pleasant weather, visit during spring or autumn. Winter’s Chinese New Year celebrations are the biggest event of the year, and the Dragon Boat Festival in spring is one of the most popular of its kind in the world.