Book early and get the lowest airfares to Frankfurt
Return Mon 25 Mar 2019
An important German city, Frankfurt seamlessly blends a modern business and political center with great art and architecture.
Frankfurt’s top attractions
- Admire gleaming modern architecture alongside historic buildings, including Saint Bartholomew Cathedral (Frankfurt Cathedral), the Börse (Frankfurt Stock Exchange), the Rententurm (Wharfinger's Tower) and the Alte Oper (Old Opera House).
- Stroll across Eiserner Steg, an iron bridge that crosses the River Main.
- Take in skyline views from the top of Main Tower.
- Walk around Römerberg, the city center that dates to the 15th century.
- Visit diverse museums such as the Weltkulteren Museum (Museum of World Cultures), Liebieghaus (Museum of Ancient Sculpture) and the Jewish Museum Frankfurt.
- View art at the Museum für Moderne Kunst (Museum of Modern Art).
- Relax in the quiet Grüneburgpark.
Best time to travel to Frankfurt
Visit Frankfurt year-round for cultural events and festivities. The Spring Dippemess and Autumn Dippemess are family-friendly festivals that celebrate traditional culture. The summertime Main Festival is a folk festival with fairground rides, live music and fireworks. Frankfurt’s food and drink festivals include the Frankfurt Apple Wine Festival, held in summer, and Rheingau Wine Festival in summer or fall. During Christmas, the traditional markets attract many visitors.