Book early and get the lowest airfares to Rome
Return Sat 8 Dec 2018
The capital of Italy, Rome blends ancient architecture, modern politics, religion and beloved cuisine in an energetic, charming city.
Rome’s top attractions
- Tour ancient Rome when you visit the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Roman Forum, the Arch of Constantine and the Baths of Diocletian.
- Spend a day in Vatican City, home to St. Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums.
- Admire the Basilicas of Santa Maria Maggiore, San Giovanni (Archbasilica of St. John Lateran) and San Paolo fuori le Mura (Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls).
- Soak up the views from atop Palatine Hill.
- Throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain to wish for a return visit to the Eternal City.
- Explore the art collections in theGalleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna (National Gallery of Modern Art)and the Galleria Borghese (Borghese Gallery).
- Wander the many piazzas, stopping for gelato, espresso or a glass of wine.
- Cross the Tiber River to visit the Trastevere neighborhood.
Best time to travel to Rome
Visit Rome in spring to take part in the Festa della Primavera or Mostra delle Azalee (Festival of Spring), when the Spanish Steps at Piazza di Spagna are covered with azaleas. The city is also highly decorated for Holy Week and Easter. The summertime Noantri Festival is another major celebration. Visit at Christmastime to browse the festive holiday markets and piazzas (squares). From October to April, Rome sees fewer crowds.
Find your vacation package to Rome with United Vacations.
Find the best things to do in Rome.