Book early and get the lowest airfares to Providence
Fly to Providence, Rhode Island, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Providence’s top attractions
- Start at important historical sites including the Rhode Island State House, the County Courthouse, the Arcade Providence and City Hall.
- Explore the diverse collections in the Rhode Island School of Design Museum.
- Tour the John Brown House Museum.
- Relax outside at Roger Williams Park, home to the Roger Williams Park Zoo and the Museum of Natural History and Planetarium.
- Take the kids to Providence Children’s Museum.
- Stroll around Waterplace Park and River Walk, and enjoy a Venetian gondola ride.
Best time to travel to Providence
Providence hosts many events throughout the year. Held from spring to fall, WaterFire Providence is the most famous, when fires burn along the city’s rivers stretching more than half a mile. Summer festivals include Foo Fest and Providence Sound Session, while fall presents the Annual Rhythm & Roots Festival in nearby Charlestown. Aside from its entertaining festivals, the best time to visit Providence is during the beginning of the fall season to experience the beautiful fall foliage, and when the high volume of summer tourists has left the city.