Book early and get the lowest airfares to Liberia (Costa Rica)
Fly to Liberia, Costa Rica, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Liberia’s top attractions
- Visit the Church of La Ermita La Agonia. The city’s oldest church is a well-preserved example of Spanish colonial architecture and the reason Liberia is nicknamed the White City.
- Head to the Museo de Guanacaste, a former city jail which has been renovated to offer local historical exhibits.
- Take a day trip to nearby Rincon de la Vieja National Park, an active volcano that offers hiking trails, mountains, waterfalls, hot springs, wildlife and camping.
- Spend some time at the nearby beaches along the Pacific Ocean.
- View the work of local artists and pick up a souvenir at the Hidden Garden Art Gallery.
Best time to travel to Liberia
Visit Liberia between December and April to enjoy warm weather during the dry season. Liberia and the wider region offer many festivals during this period, including the Fiestas de Santa Cruz and Nicoya Rodeo and Fiesta Patronal (Nicoya Rodeo and Patronage Festivity), both in winter. Travel to the region between October and May for smaller crowds, though expect frequent rain showers.
Find your vacation package to Liberia with United Vacations.
Find the best things to do in Liberia.