Book early and get the lowest airfares to Hartford
Fly to Hartford with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Hartford’s top attractions
- Tour the Connecticut State Capitol, complete with gleaming marble and a golden dome.
- Visit the oldest operating public art museum in the U.S. at Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art.
- Explore the Gothic-style home of a famous American writer at The Mark Twain House and Museum.
- Have fun with the interactive learning exhibits at the Connecticut Science Center and the Children’s Museum.
- Stroll downtown Hartford to see historic buildings including Connecticut’s Old State House, the Governor's Residence and the Isaac Stevens House.
- Swim, boat or relax at Lake Pocotopaug.
Best time to travel to Hartford
Taste of the Caribbean and Jerk Festival takes place in summer, celebrating the heritage of the large local Caribbean population. Visit in the autumn to see the area’s vibrant foliage. In fall, Hartford hosts a marathon and half marathon at Bushnell Park. For a more leisurely run, the Ugly Sweater Run takes place in winter.