Book early and get the lowest airfares to Harrisburg
Fly to Harrisburg with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Harrisburg’s top attractions
- Visit the Pennsylvania State Capitol, Harrisburg’s main landmark. Admire the exterior stained glass and architectural details before taking a tour of the interior.
- Tour the John Harris-Simon Cameron Mansion, a historic house with connections to the Civil War.
- Admire local art at the Susquehanna Art Museum.
- See the city from a different perspective with a boat cruise along the Susquehanna River.
- Take the family to Hersheypark, a chocolate-themed amusement park that hosts many events.
- Enjoy nature at Reservoir Park and Boyd Big Tree Preserve Conservation Area.
Best time to travel to Harrisburg
The annual three-day Kipona Festival, held around Labor Day, has been running for 100 years. Celebrating Harrisburg’s river heritage, the festival includes a Native American Pow Wow, canoe racing, live music and fireworks. Other nearby events include the summertime Lancaster Craft Beerfest, and the Gettysburg Wine and Music Festival and Pennsboro Pumpkin Fest, both held in fall.