Book early and get the lowest airfares to Athens
Return Tue 15 Jan 2019
Fly to Athens with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Athens’ top attractions
- Visit many important sites, including the UNESCO-listed Acropolis, the Arch of Hadrian, the Erechtheion, the Roman Agora and Panathenaic Stadium.
- Stop by the archaeological site of Kerameikos Cemetery.
- Learn about Greek history at the National Archaeological Museum of Athens.
- Admire the art in the National Gallery.
- Head to the top of Lykavittos Hill for panoramic city views.
- Watch the changing of the guard ceremony at Syntagma Square.
- Stroll and shop in Plaka or Kolonaki.
Best time to travel to Athens
Visit Athens year-round for mild weather, though summer is the most popular time to visit. The Athens and Epidaurus Festival takes place in summer, featuring live music, arts demonstrations, drama performances and cultural activities. Many sites including nighttime opera, classical music and traditional dance performances are free to enter during periods of the full moon in August. The summertime Rockwave Festival is the biggest rock festival in Greece.
Find the best things to do in Athens.