Book early and get the lowest airfares to Amsterdam
Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands, offers visitors and locals alike a picturesque sight — weaving canals lined by bicycles and charming narrow houses. There is plenty to see and do in Amsterdam, from world-class museums to lively festivals.
Amsterdam’s top attractions
- Appreciate the art at the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum.
- Relax outdoors in Vondelpark.
- See architecture, churches and shops in the medieval Old Centre.
- Take a boat tour along the Amsterdam canals.
- Sample world-famous beer at the Heineken Experience.
- Visit the Anne Frank House to see the family’s living quarters during the Nazi occupation.
Best time to travel to Amsterdam
Visit Amsterdam at any time of year to take part in the many festivals and events. The popular Koningsdag is a national holiday celebrating Dutch royalty held in the spring. MeerLive, a three-day street party, takes place in Hoofddorp during the fall. Food and drink festivals include the Taste of Amsterdam in the summer, Amsterdam Coffee Festival in the spring and the Sloten Bier Festival, with varied dates. The family-friendly Hemeltjelief is held on Ascension Day, which is the Thursday before Easter. Dance lovers can experience the Electronic Family and the techno Awakenings Festival during the summer.
Find your vacation package to Amsterdam with United Vacations.
Find the best things to do in Amsterdam.