Book early and get the lowest airfares to San Juan
Return Thu 1 Nov 2018
The capital of Puerto Rico, San Juan is known for its stunning harbor, colonial history and vibrant culture. The combination of Caribbean, African, Spanish, Taíno and American influences makes San Juan a unique destination.
San Juan’s top attractions
- Visit historic fortresses and citadels such as El Castillo San Cristóbal (Fort San Cristóbal) and El Castillo San Felipe del Morro (Fort San Felipe del Morro).
- Tour the Bacardi rum factory, Casa Bacardí, in nearby Cataño.
- Sunbathe and swim at the beaches of Condado and Isla Verde.
- Watch a performance at the old Teatro Tapia (Tapia Theater).
- See the UNESCO-listed Palacio de Santa Catalina (Santa Catalina's Palace), most commonly known as La Fortaleza (The Fortress), the Governor’s mansion.
- Stroll through the Paseo La Princesa (La Princesa promenade), a promenade that borders Old San Juan.
- Hear whispers from time gone by at the old cemetery of Santa María Magdalena de Pazzis.
Best time to travel to San Juan
A tropical destination, April to November is the rainiest period in San Juan. The winter offers cooler temperatures with lower chances of rain. The island’s patron saint is celebrated in June, with Noche de San Juan Bautista (St. John’s Eve) featuring religious processions, concerts and beach parties. Visit from December to January to experience one of the longest Christmas seasons in the world, ending with the Festival de la Calle de San Sebastián (San Sebastian Street Festival) in late January. In the summer, enjoy the Congreso Mundial de la Salsa (World Salsa Congress).