Book early and get the lowest airfares to San Francisco
Return Tue 29 Jan 2019
Return Thu 31 Jan 2019
Famous for its role in 1960s culture and music, today San Francisco pairs laid-back vibes with an innovative culture that is perfect for exploring.
San Francisco’s top attractions
- Admire the architectural marvel of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- See diverse attractions and relax in lush Golden Gate Park.
- Drive along crooked Lombard Street, known for its many twists and turns.
- Take a boat trip around the bay, cruise to Angel Island and visit the notorious Alcatraz prison.
- Experience the hipster vibe of the Mission.
- Relax on one of San Francisco’s sandy beaches, such as Ocean Beach, Baker Beach and Lands End.
- Watch sea lions at Pier 39 of Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Ride on the famous cable cars and learn more about this old method of transportation at the Cable Car Museum.
- Wander the bustling streets of the enormous Chinatown.
Best time to travel to San Francisco
While the weather is mild in San Francisco year-round, fall typically offers some of the warmest temperatures. Winters are usually chilly and rainy and summers can be cool and foggy. Chinese New Year, in winter, is celebrated with gusto in Chinatown. The early part of the year also sees San Francisco Giants FanFest and the Bay Area Brews Festival. In spring you can look forward to the Union Street Spring Celebration, the Cherry Blossom Festival and the International Beer Festival, while summer’s diverse celebrations include Carnaval San Francisco in the Mission, San Francisco Jazz Festival, San Francisco Pride and Oysterfest Music Festival. You can visit San Francisco or nearby cities when you fly to Claifornia on United.
Find your vacation package to San Francisco with United Vacations.
Find the best things to do in San Francisco.