Plan ahead and get the best flights to London (LHR)
The capital of the United Kingdom, London truly has something for everyone — from art, theatre and architecture to vast green spaces, traditional pubs and high tea.
London’s top attractions
- See the official home and headquarters of the British monarchy at Buckingham Palace.
- Admire the Palace of Westminster and the famous Big Ben clock tower.
- Explore medieval history and see the crown jewels at the Tower of London.
- Visit major landmarks like Westminster Abbey and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Ride the London Eye for panoramic city views.
- Take in world-class art at the British Museum, the National Gallery, Tate Britain and Tate Modern.
- Watch a performance in the famous West End theatre district.
- Stroll through the various Royal Parks, including Hyde Park and Regent’s Park.
- Have fun with the family at London Dungeon, Madame Tussauds London, ZSL London Zoo and the Hamleys toy shop.
- Shop at Fortnum and Mason or Harrods department stores.
Best time to travel to London
There is plenty to see and do in London year-round — keep in mind that the summer and winter holidays are the peak tourist seasons. The Lord Mayor’s Show, held in November, is one of the city’s biggest and longest-running events. The Notting Hill Carnival, a popular Caribbean celebration, is held every summer. Check Hyde Park’s calendar for live music events year-round.
Find your vacation package to London with United Vacations.