Book early and get the lowest airfares to Delhi
Return Tue 5 Feb 2019
India’s lively capital, New Delhi, is known for its rich history and important sites. A visit to one of the oldest cities in the world is sure to impress you.
New Delhi’s top attractions
- Experience the sights, sounds and smells in the bustling streets of Old Delhi with a ride in a bicycle rickshaw.
- Explore the large Lodhi Garden, home to old Mughal tombs and numerous birds and wildlife.
- Learn about India’s famous former leader at Gandhi Smriti, where Mahatma Gandhi lived and died.
- Gaze up at the towering minaret of the Qutb Minar.
- Walk through the sandstone walls of the Red Fort.
- Learn about national history, heritage and culture at the National Museum.
- Take a picture of the Bahá'í House of Worship, commonly referred to as the Lotus Temple.
- Visit Jama Masjid, one of the largest mosques in India.
Best time to travel to New Delhi
The temperature in New Delhi are the most pleasant between October and March. The Lohri Festival is held at the end of winter, celebrating the end of the season. The Republic Day Parade, held in spring, celebrates India’s independence and the Constitution of India. The Holi festival, known for its vibrant colors, also takes place in spring. During the fall and winter, special events include the Qutub Festival, a three-day showcase of local culture and art, and Diwali, the Festival of Light, an important Hindu holiday that celebrates good overcoming evil.