Book early and get the lowest airfares to Istanbul
Fly to Istanbul, Turkey, from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Istanbul’s top attractions
- Start with an overview of Ottoman and Byzantine history at major sites including the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Camii) and the Basilica Cistern.
- Stroll the pedestrian-friendly Istiklal Street, lined with modern shops and art galleries. Its back alleys are a maze of coffee shops and bars.
- Visit Topkapi Palace Museum, home to Ottoman sultans for nearly 400 years.
- Take a day cruise on the Bosphorous Strait or ferry over to the Princes’ Islands.
- Shop among the many bazaars, some dating back to the Ottoman era. Popular goods include Turkish tea, chalcedony jewelry and Turkish delight candy, known locally as lokum.
- Experience local culture with a visit to a hamam (bath). Many offer scrubs or massages.
Best time to travel to Istanbul
Visit Istanbul in spring to see the Istanbul Tulip Festival, when millions of bulbs blossom. Summer is the time to visit for music festivals, including the Istanbul International Music Festival and the Istanbul Jazz Festival. The wintertime Istanbul International Short Film Festival features a series of films at theaters around the city.
Find your vacation package to Istanbul with United Vacations.