Discover China with flights to Beijing and Shanghai.
- Understand Imperial China when you tour the Forbidden City, also known as the Palace Museum. View delicate porcelains at the Hall of Martial Valor, see paintings and calligraphy in the Hall of Literary Glory and stroll through the gardens.
- Travel to the Badaling section of the Great Wall of China. Hike a portion of the wall and tour the watchtowers.
- Visit the Beijing Zoo to see the iconic giant pandas. Watch golden monkeys and endangered milu deer, as well as polar bears, zebras and kangaroos.
Fly to Shanghai
- Explore Zhujiajiao, Shanghai’s ancient water town. Walk across the Fangsheng Bridge or boat through its arches, then tour the historic Ming and Qing Dynasty buildings on North Street that today house traditional shops.
- Immerse yourself in ancient Chinese art and history at the Shanghai Museum. Start with the Shang and Zhou dynasty bronzes, then view ceramics, paintings, calligraphy and imperial jades.
- Stroll along The Bund, Shanghai’s picturesque cityscape. Go to a nearby restaurant and savor a plate of xiazi da wu shen — braised sea cucumber with shrimp roe — while you watch the lights reflect off the river.