Book early and get the lowest airfares to Lisbon
Return Tue 2 Oct 2018
Fly to Lisbon, Portugal, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Lisbon’s top attractions
- Visit Rossio Square, the center of the city, then ride the outdoor Santa Justa Lift.
- Explore the city’s neighborhoods. Shop in Principe Real, and see the Moorish-influenced architecture in the hillside Alfama district.
- Ride the historic Tram 28 up and down the famous hills of Lisbon.
- In the Belém district, visit architectural landmarks including the Torre de Belém (Belém Tower) and Jerónimos Monastery.
- Admire the views that surround the soaring Cristo Rei statue.
- Cross one of Europe’s longest bridges, Ponte Vasco da Gama.
- Spend a day with the family at the Lisbon Zoo or the Lisbon Oceanarium.
Best time to travel to Lisbon
Celebrate the end of winter at Lisbon Carnival, with parades showcasing colorful outfits and masks. The biannual Alkantara Festival, dedicated to the performing arts, includes street parties, concerts and shows. IndieLisboa International Independent Film Festival is a popular spring event. Other events include the summertime Festas dos Santos Populares (Popular Saints’ Festival) and the Sintra Festival, featuring dance and classical music.