Book early and get the lowest airfares to Melbourne
Return Thu 6 Dec 2018
Fly to Melbourne with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Melbourne’s top attractions
- Go to the top of Eureka Tower for panoramic city views.
- Take a tour of the Old Melbourne Gaol, where notorious prisoners were once held.
- Stroll along the Southbank Promenade.
- Join a boat trip along the Yarra River.
- Spend time viewing the many exhibits at the Melbourne Museum.
- Shop at the fashion boutiques along Chapel Street.
- Learn more about aboriginal heritage and culture at the Koorie Heritage Trust.
- Relax, sunbathe, swim and see the quaint bathing boxes at Brighton Beach.
- Discover the endless displays of street art across the city.
Best time to travel to Melbourne
Visit Melbourne during the summer months of December to February for the best weather, though anticipate crowds as this is the peak tourism season. Australia Day celebrations on January 26 feature fireworks, street performances and barbecues. Other events include the Melbourne International Comedy Festival and the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, both hosted during the fall.
Find your vacation package to Melbourne with United Vacations.