Things to do in Australia
Discover Australia with flights to Sydney and Melbourne.
- Tour the Sydney Opera House, Sydney’s most iconic landmark and a World Heritage Site. Afterward, catch a show. If you walk from the Opera House toward Circular Quay’s ferry dock, you’ll find open-air restaurants with some of Sydney’s best seafood, museums and buskers.
- Explore Royal National Park, the world’s second oldest national park. Kayak up the Hacking River and see the turtles. Then hike the Couranga Walking Track and watch the birds. Afterward, head to the Wattamolla picnic area for a refreshing swim in the lagoon.
- Spend a day exploring The Art Gallery of New South Wales. Immerse yourself in the Baroque paintings of Rubens. Then discover the brilliant colors of Van Gogh and Picasso. After viewing the great masters, go to the Yiribana Gallery of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Art and see works representing Australia’s unique heritage.
Fly to Melbourne
- Stroll along the tree-lined paths of the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, which is home to over 8,500 plant species. Start your journey at the National Herbarium, which houses the State Botanical Collection. Then take a walk through an Australian forest or explore the Lower Yarra River Habitat by row boat.
- See the Royal Exhibition Building, Australia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site. This striking Victorian building is one of the last surviving exhibition pavilions in the world.
- Browse the shops around Federation Square. Go for a walk beside the river or venture down the nearby streets and see vibrant street art.