Things to do in United Arab Emirates
Discover the United Arab Emirates with flights to Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Take in panoramic views from the observation deck on the 148th floor of the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest structure. Take the elevator down and browse the Dubai Mall’s luxury shops and boutiques, or stop by a nearby restaurant and savor the mandi — slow cooked mutton on a bed of spiced rice.
- Spend an evening at the Dubai Fountain, the world’s tallest performing fountain.
- Sail around Palm Jumeirah, a man-made palm-shaped island. Then take to the air and view the island from a helicopter tour. If you’re feeling adventurous, skip the helicopter and skydive. Afterward, lounge alongside the Persian Gulf at Jumeirah Beach.
Fly to Abu Dhabi
- Start at the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the resting place of Sheihk Zayed, former president of the United Arab Emirates. The mosque is known for its gilded chandeliers and a hand-knotted carpet that is the largest in the world.
- Understand life inside the palace walls at Qasr Al Muwaiji. Learn about the life of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the country’s current president. Tour the family home and explore the fort’s towers and defenses.
- Explore the Al Jahili Fort, which dates to the 19th century. The Oman Trucial Scouts once called the fort home as they worked to maintain intertribal peace.