Book early and get the lowest airfares to Portland, ME
Fly to Portland, Maine, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Portland’s top attractions
- Dive into local history at the Tate House Mansion, Victoria Mansion and Neal Dow House.
- Tour the lighthouses that have protected seafarers for years, including Bug Light Park Lighthouse, Ram Light and Portland Head Light.
- Soak up the sun and views on nearby beaches such as Ferry Beach and Willard Beach.
- Hike and bike outdoors at nearby Bradbury Mountain State Park, Sebago Lake State Park and Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge.
- Take the family to Funtown Splashtown USA.
Best time to travel to Portland
Visit Portland in summer for warm weather perfect for exploring the local beaches. Winter snow makes the nearby mountains terrific for skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts. Spring brings the Maine Flower Show and the kid-friendly Bug Light Kite Festival, while summer is welcomed by the Old Port Festival. Another summer favorite is SchoonerFest, with its regatta and historic tall ships.