Book early and get the lowest airfares to Lima
Return Mon 5 Nov 2018
Fly to Lima with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Lima’s top attractions
- Stroll through Plaza Mayor and admire the historic architecture.
- Visit the Cathedral of Lima, which dates back to the 16th century.
- Journey into the past at the Monasterio de San Francisco (Monastery of San Francisco), a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Discover more about the varied local cultures at the Museo de la Nación (Museum of the Nation).
- Soak up sweeping views from Cerro San Cristóbal, a tall hill just north of the city center.
- Ride the surf at Punta Rocas and La Herradura.
- Watch a traditional folk dance performance.
- Experience diverse cuisines and nightlife in Miraflores and Barranco.
Best time to travel to Lima
The driest months are between May and September. The summer months of December to February are the peak tourist season despite the most rain. Visit in January for the annual Lima Anniversary. In February, the city celebrates the pisco sour, the country’s national drink, with many festivities. Visit the district of Santiago de Surco to see the Festival de la Vendimia (International Harvest Festival), which celebrates the grape harvest and winemaking. Other events include processions in honor of Santa Rosa de Lima, celebrated in the winter, and Señor de los Milagros (Lord of the Miracles), every year during the month of October.
Find your vacation package to Lima with United Vacations.