Book early and get the lowest airfares to Pohnpei
Fly to Pohnpei with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Pohnpei’s top attractions
- Hike up Sokehs Ridge for sweeping views and try to spot historical remnants from the Second World War.
- Explore the ruins of Nan Madol, an ancient royal city often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world.
- Stroll the stretch of the Spanish Wall, remnants from old Spanish Fort Alphonso in Kolonia.
- Catch a ride onboard a fishing vessel or go surfing.
- Try a variety of water sports, such as diving, snorkeling and kayaking.
- Take a canoe ride through the biodiverse mangrove swamps.
Best time to travel to Pohnpei
Visit Pohnpei between October and April for the best surfing. December to March is the driest time, though rainfall can occur year-round. Liberation Day, held on September 11, sees a week of festivities and sporting events. Micronesian Culture and Traditions Day in March is an ideal time to visit to learn about the local people and island life. Other major events include Independence Day on November 3 and Constitution Day on November 8.