Book early and get the lowest airfares to Mumbai
Return Wed 27 Feb 2019
Previously known as Bombay, Mumbai is India’s largest city and the country’s commercial heart. It is famous worldwide for its cosmopolitan vibe, though its busy port and diverse neighborhoods offer a true contrast you’ll find fascinating.
Mumbai’s top attractions
- Visit the pilgrimage site of Haji Ali Dargah.
- Walk along the waterfront and see the Gateway of India arch.
- See the city’s numerous heritage buildings, such as the High Court of Mumbai and the Victorian Gothic-revival Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
- Glimpse local life at Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat, a place where hundreds of locals do laundry each day.
- Shop for bargains at Chor Bazaar, a large flea market.
- Watch sunset at Chowpatty Beach, also known as Chaupati.
- Have a family day out at EsselWorld.
- Tour the film studios of Bollywood, the home of Indian cinema.
Best time to travel to Mumbai
Winter offers the coolest temperatures in Mumbai, though it is popular for visitors year-round. The Banganga Festival, held in winter, features bands, singers and musicians from across the country. Enjoy music, dancing and more at the Elephanta Festival, a winter celebration that is held on Elephanta Island. Summer’s Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the liveliest events, celebrating the birth of the Hindu deity Ganesha.