Book early and get the lowest airfares to Rio de Janeiro
Return Wed 24 Oct 2018
Return Thu 25 Oct 2018
Fly to Rio de Janeiro with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Rio de Janeiro’s top attractions
- Ride the funicular to the top of Corcovado to get close to the iconic Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer) statue.
- Admire the 360-degree view from atop Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Bask on famous beaches, such as Copacabana and Ipanema, or head to quieter stretches such as Grumariand Leme.
- Visit Mosteiro de São Bento (São Bento Monastery) for a look into the city’s past.
- Tour the world-famous Estádio Jornalista Mário Filho (MaracanãStadium).
- Explore the largest urban tropical rainforest in the world at Floresta da Tijuca (Tijuca Forest).
- Feel the rhythmic beat of samba in one of many clubs in Leblon or Lapa.
Best time to travel to Rio de Janeiro
For warm weather, visit Rio de Janeiro in spring, summer or autumn — that’s between September and June. Rio de Janeiro is synonymous with Carnaval, the huge festival that takes place each year before Lent. Visit Cidade do Samba (Samba City) to see samba schools practicing and building their large colorful floats. Rio also hosts large celebrations for New Year.
Find your vacation package to Rio de Janeiro with United Vacations.